Refresh File (VS 2005)

While working with a web site and some solution item references I came a cross a situation that I was not able to tell where the web site saved the reference to the solution items,
I search everywhere Solution file + Web.config and nothing came up, than I remembered that I saw a file with extension ".Refresh" under the Bin/ inside it there was the address of the DLL that was reference.
After investigating some more (with the help a fellow colleague- Evyatar Ben Shitrit) we found that the VS 2005 deals with reference who are our of the project directory by writing the reference into a refresh file that is auto populated (because there is no web project – this is the best solution)
* Don’t forget that you have to add the file to the source control.
Look at the following article about Web Project Settings Conversion for more details.
Refresh File (VS 2005) Refresh File (VS 2005) Reviewed by Ran Davidovitz on 9:30 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.