VMware Infrastructure Toolkit 1.0 doesn't work for me

Its funny how things comes together, a week a go I got a task to build automatic test for our deployment package.

I designed the solution to include few components

  1. Sequencer - to run the entire script (MSBUILD / Visual Build 6) - Done
  2. AutoIt script - that will be able to take the package and choose all the relevant option and install it (we have lots of sub packages to choose from) - Done
  3. VM machine - that the above will run on from remote - Done

Only things left to do is to glue all the components together and to enable the VM to return to its original state after installation so that the script will run again

To manage the VM server I download VI Toolkit (thanks to PowerShell blog) and started to test it WITH NO LUCK, I cant seem to understand why its not working although using the web services approach works.

The error message that I get when trying to use any of the API after connecting is:

PS C:\Windows\System32> get-vm
Get-VM : Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
At line:1 char:6
+ get-vm <<<<

Any one knows how can I debug it or even better what causes this?

VMware Infrastructure Toolkit 1.0 doesn't work for me VMware Infrastructure Toolkit 1.0 doesn't work for me Reviewed by Ran Davidovitz on 1:03 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.