Installing Windows 10 on Intel NUC without Bootable Media or any tool

I just bought my kids NUC I5 (the new edition) and wanted to install windows 10 on it, since i don't have external DVD i decided to create a bootable USB

I connected my SATA mini HDD using Apricon SATA Wire USB cable, and sadly no matter what tools I used DIDN'T recognize my external disk as removable media, and as such, didn't allow me to create the bootable USB :( (I even tried the great app called rufus)

At the end what I did was:

  1. Connect the external Disk (shows as local disk)
  2. Format as exFAT
  3. Extract my windows 10 ISO to the main volume on the external disk
  4. Connect the External disc using the Apricon SATA Wire to the NUC
  5. Restart and press F10 (for boot options)
  6. Choose my External disk
All is working without ANY TOOL.
Installing Windows 10 on Intel NUC without Bootable Media or any tool Installing Windows 10 on Intel NUC without Bootable Media or any tool Reviewed by Ran Davidovitz on 1:53 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.