Twitter and the crazy limit on API calls

First time I developed a code that integrate with twitter API, was OK but I was surprised to see that the limit on the API calls when using app authentication ( e.g. don't force end user to login to twitter ) is crazy low !

For example of I make a mobile app that allows you to see the timeline of a user and use my app to authenticate , I get 300 calls per 15 min limit

Now let's assume that my app was downloaded 20k times , the risk of reaching the limit is 100%

Which means that I have to switch to user authentication and force my users to login , while there is benefit, this is still annoying

Check limits here

Twitter and the crazy limit on API calls Twitter and the crazy limit on API calls Reviewed by Ran Davidovitz on 10:13 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.