Running KIBANA 4 as a service on windows

Currently to run Kibana, you need to run .\bin\kibana.bat from command line. But I needed a more robust way that doesn't require me to do anything manually every time

There are many solutions on how to run a batch file as a service, such as "scheduled task" but in this case I decided to use a more "managed" way using NSSM

The process is very easy

  1. Just download NSSM from their site or like me use the chocolatery way ("choco install nssm")
  2. Install the service using "nssm install Kibana"
  3. In the GUI select the running folder as the bin folder and command line as the kibana.bat
  4. I chose the defaults
Simple tweak that does the trick till now


Running KIBANA 4 as a service on windows Running KIBANA 4 as a service on windows Reviewed by Ran Davidovitz on 8:40 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.